Thursday, August 14, 2014

My Daddy, My Hero

 
My Daddy, My Hero
Before I was even a twinkle in your eye.
God picked you to be my Daddy
He fashioned my body with a reason and a purpose
and He knew I needed you to help me through this life.

He knew I'd need your strong arms to carry me when I couldn't walk.
He knew I'd need your fun laugh to cheer me when I was sad.
He knew you'd sit with me for hours and cuddle with me, when I was sick.
He knew I would thrive as you shared with me your love of   monsters and music.
He knew Mommy needed a strong shoulder to cry on to support her through tough times.

I do know that Daddies get frustrated sometimes......
because they want to "fix" things and make the bad times "go away"
that's the way God mad Daddies!!
I know know that you will always be my biggest fan.
You'll always be my hero.

We're a good team, you and me.
I'm teaching you about God and His eternal perspective.
You're teaching me to enjoy life and our our journey her on Earth.
We've both learned to be thankful for the little things in life.
You and Mommy don't take any of my accomplishments and milestone for granted.
I revel in the pride that shines form yur adoring eyes.
I know that I can try anything if I set my mind to it.
As long as you are behind me to cheer me on catch me when I fall.

I see glimpses of my Heavenly Father in your eyes....
the love the pride, the pain and the unconditional acceptance.
I am whole and perfect in your eyes.
I am handsome and charming in your eyes.
You don't care that I may not be just like other little boys.....
That's why you love me so much!!!

One thing is for sure.....
I have you wrapped around my little finger and I won't ever let you go.
Thank you for loving me for who I am and for guiding me towards Heaven.
I know you can't wait until we can walk hand in hand but if  I am not able 
I look forward to the day when I am holding your hand and God's hand
and we are walking together into the sunrise of forever.....

Love, Noah

*Author Unknown 

No comments: