Friday, March 11, 2011

Old Photo Friday

This my all time favorite picture of Noah and his Daddy.
In fact it hangs on the wall of our living room.
The minute Noah was born, I remember Scott saying over and over again, " It's a Boy, It's a Boy"
Scott was so excited to finally having a little boy he could pal around with.
We soon learned that things weren't going to be the way we imagined.
I felt so bad ..... I thought I had failed Scott by not giving him a son that he could go out in the back yard and toss a ball with and all the other things a Dad can do with their son.
At first Scott was very angry with God. He asked him,"How could do this to me?" He even wondered what he had done wrong to deserve this. With a lot of soul searching and prayer he soon realized that God wasn't punishing him. He gave Noah to him because he knew that he was the best Daddy out there for him. Scott realized that yes, he couldn't run and play with Noah but, he could still have fun with his son. They have the best of times together. They enjoy watching the Cleveland Indians together. One of Scott's dreams is to be able to take Noah to a game and run the bases with him. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Maybe one day, I will be able to watch them fulfill his dream.
They also enjoy watching the old black and white movies together. Like, Frankenstein, Dracula and The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Just thinking about my 2 guys spending time together makes me smile and I have fallen in love with Scott a little bit more.
To the best Daddy ever, I love you and thank you for our 3 beautiful children,
Susan

No comments: