Monday, April 13, 2015

Sometimes It's Really Hard


Sometimes it's really hard not to think about what Noah would be like if he was born without his disability. Most days I feel very blessed to have Noah just the way he is. There are other days like recently, that I wonder what he would be like or who his friends would have been. Noah is 17 years old and would be a junior in high school. I can only imagine what things he would be interested in or enjoy doing. Recently I got on a committee with other high school junior parents that are planning the after prom. I did this to get myself out of the house and also so that the other parents and his peers would come to realize that Noah is a part of them. Even though he is small for his age and can't walk or talk he is still part of them.This is what got me thinking about what Noah would be like without his disability. What group of friends would he be going to the prom with and more importantly who would be his date. I thought about asking someone to go with him but I didn't want him to be a burden to the person he went with. I so want him to really feel like someone his age but that is so hard sometimes. My heart aches for him. I truly believe that Noah understands everything   around him and I want him to be able to experience life just like any other teenager and not miss out on anything just because he has a disability.

Noah, you mean the world to me and I love you just the way you are.

No comments: