Monday, October 8, 2012

Sometimes I Wonder....

 I recently took Noah to a Shelby football game.  Noah really enjoys getting out and about and seeing everyone. When I'm out with him, I sometimes wonder what Noah would be doing if he was a typical 14 year old boy.  Would he like playing sports, would he be in the band like his sisters and even what friends would he have.
 This last weekend was homecoming, would he have gone to the dance and with whom? I still can't believe he would be a freshmen in high school. He still seems so little to me. I often wonder if he feels lonely and then I look at him and just see a boy that is happy and content.
 Today we took him to the Cleveland Clinic to get his hearing tested again. They found that he has a profound hearing loss in both ears. They said, in order for him to hear you need to yell in his ear.  That just blew me away. I knew he had a hearing loss from the last test he had but, to hear that he  would be considered deaf.... wow
 I was really hoping for some good news for once. Its just a lot to take in. I didn't think it would affect me as hard as it has. It takes me back when he was first diagnosed with Trisomy 8. I'm just glad Scott and I were able to talk about it with each other on the way home today. The last time we didn't say a word to each other. Now we just need to figure out where we go from here. In a few weeks he will be fitted with hearing aides and I pray that they will work this time.
  I look into those beautiful eyes I see the most perfect soul and just pray that he is content and happy.
Just recently someone told me that they love looking at pictures of Noah. That when they look into his eyes they have a calming effect on them.
I totally agree.

No comments: