Thursday, March 19, 2009

SEPTEMBER 15, 2008

The last couple of days Noah has been under the weather. In fact he has pneumonia. He hasn't been this sick in over 2 yrs. I kept asking myself..... what has changed to let Noah get sick. One thing came to mind.... about 3 wks ago when Noah had surgery the doctors decided that Noah may benefit from a medication that would help with his slobbering and the build up of mucus in the back of his throat. So now instead of Noah being able to spit out the extra saliva, it now was thickening up enough and going into his lungs instead. Which caused the pneumonia. Needless to say he no longer is getting that medicine. I would much rather wipe away a wet chin now and then. Its not like he soaked his shirt with it.
I was checking another website and came across this:
Someone I love relies on me in ways you will never understand.
Someone I love endures pain and challenges that break my heart
and renew my spirit at the same time.
Someone I love is unable to advocate for themselves
for things that most of us take for granted.
Someone I love will never have the opportunities that every child should have.
Someone I love will need unconditional love and support after I am gone - this frightens me to the core.
Someone I love encounters pity, stereotypes, and prejudice at every turn, because they look, act, and/or learn differently than others.
Someone I love has needs that require me to allow "outsiders" to have power and input in areas that should be mine alone to meet.
Someone I love will continue to look to me for everything in life long after other children are able to assume a place as part of the world.
Someone I love has needs that require more time and energy than I have to give.
Someone I love has needs that mean I am not able to meet basic needs of my own.
Someone I love has needs that have become the driving
force behind major decisions my family makes.
Someone I love has changed me in ways I will never be able to describe.
Someone I love has taught me about love and about the really
important things in life...
Susan

No comments: