Saturday, March 9, 2019

Let's Talk Poop......

Image may contain: 1 person
Let's talk poop.......
Sorry Noah, he always hates when Deanie and I talk about if he has gone or not when he spends time with her and Todd on Noah/Kehres Day. But the last several months I've been at my wits end with Noah's bowels. He was either constipated or having blowouts on only 1/8 of a cap of Miralax. Which lead to not letting him enjoy one of his favorite things, swimming. He hasn't been himself in quite some time. He hasn't slept well and most importantly he hasn't smiled much. It has just broken my heart watching him, I had to find something to help him. I started researching the re-flux medicine he was on and this is what I found: dizziness,feeling jittery,diarrhea,stomach pain,nausea,constipation and headache. I can almost bet Noah has dealt with all of these for months. My poor little man......
I made an appointment his gastrologist and  decided to stop giving him his re-flux medicine to see if it would help him feel better. Guess what? We started seeing his smile again!!! I started giving him some Melatonin to help him sleep better. He seems more awake and alert during the day so I believe it is helping. On Tuesday he saw his GI doctor and we had a good talk about Noah's issues. We decided together that Noah doesn't need  the reflux medicine since he hasn't gagged or retched being off of it the last 2 weeks and instead of Miralax I'm giving him 1T. of Benafiber. I'm to say that it was what he needed. Noah just might be able to go swimming soon.  Notice above I said "we" It feels so good to feel like we are part of a team and that I'm being respected as Noah's Mom. The doctors that we have been with since last May are wonderful. I'm sure glad I wiped the slate clean and started new.
Image may contain: dog
Some of you might be wondering how Boris is doing..... he has been wonderful. He does his job so well. He knows when Noah needs a little extra attention, he will lick Noah's hands to redirect him when he is feeling stressed or anxious. He is so good on Noah's lap we are asked if he is stuffed. Boris is a great addition to our family.

No comments: