Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sometimes You Have To Do What's Best


Sometimes you have to do what's best for your child. The last ten months have been rough on Noah. He has been sicker then he has been in a long time. It seems as soon as we get him feeling well, he is sick again. Last year at this time Noah was enjoying all the things that came with graduating from high school. He had the best summer doing all the things he loved to do. Then it came for him to go back to school. Yes he went back to school, it gave me a much needed break from taking care of him. That's when he became very ill and was life flighted to the Cleveland Clinic. He has been fighting one thing after another ever since. I have come to a conclusion, he is upset that he is still going to school and has been making himself sick to stay home. I told him long time ago that he wouldn't have to do that again. I feel awful that it has taken me this long to admit it. I feel selfish in saying I enjoy my time away from him. I knew he was somewhere where people took great care of him and loved him. I decided that enough was enough and this week I went into his classroom and let them know that Noah wouldn't be returning. Noah is over the moon excited to be home every day. Now I think I need to find someone who is willing to come to the house and take Noah for walks or maybe just hang out so I can have some me time. Our Noah/ Kehres Days have taught me that it's okay and even good for Noah to spend time away from me as well.
Sorry Noah that it has taken me so long to listen....

No comments: