Friday, December 9, 2016

Through The Eyes of Hope


Take the time to check out this video on Youtube.  Click on the last sentence to watch it. It's an inspiring look into a the life of a special needs Mom and her beautiful baby.


About a month ago I was given the opportunity to preview Lacey Buchanan's book called Through The Eyes of Hope. Being a special needs Mom myself I found this book so inspiring. In this book Lacey talks about the struggle and joys of raising a child with special needs. I found myself at times in tears because  many things she has experienced and struggled with I have been there myself. Raising a special needs child is hard. It puts a strain on all relationships in your life. It's not easy to being everything to everybody. Over the last almost 19 years some relationships have taken a backseat and suffered. That is something that I regret but I hope they only get better from here. In reading Through The Eyes of Hope I was again reminded that I'm not alone and there is always Hope. 
On of my favorite passages of the book: "It's as if people sense something different and special when they get around Christian. They want to know more about him. I believe it is the Holy Spirit working through him. I can't explain the events that changed the course of our life any other way than this: Christian's life is a reflection of the God who created him, not a mistake to be hidden but a masterpiece to be seen."
I see the same thing through Noah.
I highly suggest seeking out this book even if you aren't a special needs parent. You won't regret it.

No comments: