Saturday, October 27, 2012

Montreal ABR Trip Fall 2012



 Our training in Montreal went really well. Pictures of our progress from the last 6 months will come in a later blog post. Stay tuned.
 We received excercises for the Lateral neck, Mid-thorax across, Platform Mastoid, Lumbar across. Posterior ribs and along the Mid thorax.
 On Wednesday we adventured out and rode the bus to downtown Montreal. We went to the Under ground Mall.  Downtown Montreal is very old and not very attractive. Although this street is where our bus stop was to catch our ride back to the RM House.
 Noah wasn't real sure of the bus ride with all the swaying and stopping. Even though it was very hard for me to step out of my comfort zone and agree to go, I'm glad Emily encouraged me to go. ( I had my moments when I wasn't too sure.)  It was fun getting out and seeing parts of Montreal I've never seen.
 This is Noah's new friend Vincent. He is the one that came up to Noah and said, "Hi" to him. He was such a sweet little boy that would make everyone feel special. He is definitely one of God's Angels here on Earth. I couldn't get Noah to look at the camera. He wanted to keep talking to his new friend.
 On the way home we stopped in Niagara Falls, Canada for the night.  In the past he would always cry and not enjoy it much. When we got down to the falls, I picked him up and let him see. With our recent diagnosis of 90% hearing loss, I thought maybe he was hearing the low roar of the falls and couldn't see because of the ledge and the sound scared him. That must of been what it was because, he seemed to enjoy himself this time. Times like this I feel so bad that it took me this long to figure out what he was trying to tell me. I'm glad he was able to enjoy it for the first time. It made the side trip to the falls worth it.

 Emily and Noah with "Da Moose" Noah has such a goofy grin.
 Emily treated me to dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.
Thank you, Emily. I love you.
 Noah really enjoyed looking at the fish tank and all the animals around him.
 On the way back to our hotel, Noah spotted Fraknenstien and wanted his picture taken with him.
  Noah's favorite thing to do at the  hotel, swimming!!!!
 He was all over the pool.
 We have been home for 2 nights now and Noah has been using his ABR machine all night long.
Can't wait to see what changes will we see.

No comments: