Thursday, March 19, 2009

January 18 2008

I would love to wake up one morning and be just a mom.I don't want to be a supermodel or a moviestar or even a millionaire.I just want to be a mom.An everyday, plain Jane in khaki pants and a cute ponytail.Driving the minivan to soccer practice and ballet. Something so mundane so many moms take for granted and wish for something more. Yet when the alarm goes off there's meds to be given, labs to be checked. Rush to the doctor's appointments and get in some PT in between.No time for silly games and funny songs we've got OT and an IEP meeting to attend.I've got to make sure all of the "T's" are crossed and my "I's" are dotted so he doesn't get "Left Behind".I'm not just his mom, I'm his nurse, his therapist, his lawyer and his advocate.Who else will make sure his medical necessity letter is faxed off for his gait trainer?What I wouldn't give to wake up in the morning, hold my baby boy, kiss his sweet neck, sing silly songs all day and dance funky dances, play childhood games and drive my minivan off into the sunset. While someone else made sure all of the "P's" and "Q's" are in their right places so I could just be his mom---A. Henderson---I found this today and had to share it. This is so true.

No comments: